Motorcycle Insurance Information
Like any motorized vehicle, motorcycles are susceptible to various incidents while on the road. Having motorcycle insurance can keep you protected against high accident-related costs. In addition, motorcycle insurance is required in the state of Illinois, and you must show proof of insurance before registering your motorcycle.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Insurance coverage varies among bike owners, but a standard motorcycle insurance policy might include some of the following coverages:
- Liability coverage can help cover bodily injury and property damage that you may cause to other people if you are in an accident. This coverage is typically required in most states and may cover medical bills, lost wages and additional costs associated with repairing others’ damaged property.
- Collision coverage can help cover damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident. This does not include your deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage can help pay for damage caused by events other than collisions. This can include fire, theft or vandalism. Such coverage can help pay for the cost of damage minus your deductible and will not exceed the face value of your motorcycle.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can help pay for damage to you and your property if you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Covered costs typically include medical expenses and lost wages, among others.
- Optional equipment coverage can help cover additional or optional equipment on your motorcycle if you decide to customize it. These additions generally will not be covered under your comprehensive and collision coverage.
What Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Should I Get?
Coverage needs can vary depending on factors such as usage, location and driving record. However, it’s essential to get covered before hitting the roads. The agents at Hanway Insurance can help you learn more about policies that fit your insurance needs and requirements.
Contact Our Agency
If you live near Oak Lawn, Illinois, our agents at Hanway Insurance can assist you in learning more about motorcycle insurance so you can decide on the right policy for you and your bike.
Contact our agency today at 708-874-6000 to learn more about your coverage options.