Motorcycle Insurance in Oak Lawn, IL
Motorcycle insurance can help provide financial protection if you are in an accident with your motorcycle or it’s damaged in a covered incident. Contact Hanway Insurance today for a personalized motorcycle insurance quote.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required in Illinois?
Illinois mandates all motorcyclists to have liability insurance. This coverage may help cover costs if you’re at fault in an accident that causes injury or property damage to another person.
The state has established minimum coverage limits for bodily injury and property damage. These minimum limits are subject to change at any time. Consulting with our expert agents can help you understand current motorcycle liability insurance requirements.
Why Buy Motorcycle Insurance?
While the state mandates basic coverage, there’s more to motorcycle insurance than just meeting legal requirements. Your agent may recommend that you tailor your motorcycle insurance coverage to include the following:
- Asset protection—Comprehensive and collision coverage options help safeguard your motorcycle against damages, whether from a collision or other incidents like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Medical coverage—In the event of an accident, medical payment (MedPay) coverage can assist in paying for hospital bills, surgery, and other health care expenses for you and your passenger.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage—Not all drivers maintain adequate insurance. This coverage may help protect you if you’re involved in an accident with a motorist who doesn’t have sufficient insurance to cover the damages.
- Custom parts and equipment—If you’ve added custom features to your motorcycle, this coverage can help protect against potential financial losses.
- Roadside assistance—Breakdowns can happen anywhere. This coverage may help provide towing, fuel delivery and more.
Reach out to Hanway Insurance today for motorcycle insurance coverage that meets your needs.